Is Swagbucks Legit Or A Scam? (And Other Important Questions)
If you're thinking about joining Swagbucks, but you're asking yourself “Is Swagbucks legit?” there are a few research points you should consider before reaching a conclusion. For a comprehensive look at what the company is and how the opportunity works, read our full review here. To learn specifically about their legitimacy, keep reading…
Our team carefully investigates and researches (and personally tries) each survey website before writing a review, so you can rest assured our reviews are honest and trustworthy.
Summary (the bottom line): Swagbucks is a legitimate company, their website is safe, and it's free to set up an account.
How Swagbucks Works
Before you can even consider labeling it a scam or a legitimate opportunity, you have first to understand how it works. Here it is in a nutshell.
First, you set up a free account at Swagbucks.com and confirm your email. Within minutes, you can begin earning “Swagbucks” points (sometimes referred to as SB points or SBs) that can be cashed in for gift cards or other rewards.
You can earn points by taking surveys, buying things through their shopping portal, watching videos (although this isn't worth your time for the money, in our opinion), and searching online through their custom search engine (powered by Yahoo).
If you're still curious about how Swagbucks works and how you can make money on their website, read our full review for the full scoop. But for now, let's explore the legitimacy of the company and their website.
Swagbucks.com is an alternate business name (DBA) owned by Prodege, LLC. Their other DBA is MyGiftCardsPlus.com. Their BBB rating as of the time of the writing is A+ (here's the full BBB report for Prodege, LLC / Swagbucks.com), which is impressive, especially for a survey website.
So regarding the business itself, we give it a thumbs up.
Is Swagbucks Safe?
In addition to asking “Is Swagbucks legit?” you should also ask about its safety. As shown below, Swagbucks has earned our trust for safety and privacy.
- HTTPS: Does the website load securely in a web browser? Yes
- Why is this important? A secured connection (also referred to as HTTPS or SSL) prevents hackers who are geographically close to you from stealing your information that you enter on the Swagbucks.com. Having a secured connection means that when you submit your personal information on their website, only Swagbucks gets it, not the bad guys.
- Some companies/websites sell or give away their visitors' and members' personal information without prior consent. Swagbucks does not do this.
- Are ads prevented from secretly harvesting members' data? Yes
- While there are ads, they are all individually approved by Swagbucks to meet their privacy and security guidelines. By simply signing into their account, members do not have to worry about their personal information going anywhere. Members can rest assured that on Swagbucks' website, they are safe.
Is Swagbucks Worth It?
Yes! For the avid survey-taker and online shopper, we feel Swagbucks is worth your time. You can't expect to get rich by just taking surveys (and Swagbucks is no exception), but if you're going to take the time to take surveys anyway, Swagbucks will give you one of the biggest returns on your time investment, especially if you use their shopping portal to do your online shopping.
To make it more worth your time, consider starting with the highest-paying surveys and either skipping the low-paying ones or at least leave them till later. The opportunity to “get paid to watch videos” (translation: watch ads) is not a worthwhile investment of time, in our experience.
Conclusion: Is Swagbucks Legit?
Yes. Considering their BBB ranking, the safety and privacy of their website and the financial return on time invested, we consider Swagbucks to be a legitimate opportunity to make money taking surveys and shopping online.
Ready to give it a try? Click here to join Swagbucks now for free.